Indian rapper Raftaar is reportedly accepting cryptocurrency for his upcoming efficiency in Canada. “Nonetheless, I’ve lastly taken the infant steps on this route and all of the credit score goes to my supervisor, Ankit Khanna for making this dream a actuality for me,” Raftaar mentioned.
- Raftaar, an Indian rapper, lyricist, dancer, TV character and music composer, made headlines this weekend for being the “first Indian artist to just accept efficiency payment in cryptocurrency.” Raftaar’s actual title is Dilin Nair.
- The efficiency for which Raftaar might be paid in cryptocurrency is a one-hour digital occasion in Ottawa, Canada, for a personal group of about 100 individuals. It’s scheduled for the second week of July.
- “I’ve all the time been an ardent admirer of blockchain expertise. I’ve all the time puzzled why artistes and managers alike haven’t explored the potential of this disruptive medium,” Raftaar opined. “Nonetheless, I’ve lastly taken the infant steps on this route and all of the credit score goes to my supervisor, Ankit Khanna for making this dream a actuality for me.”
- The rapper didn’t point out which cryptocurrency he might be paid in, nevertheless.
- Khanna, Raftaar’s longtime enterprise companion and supervisor, commented: “In my view, music might be one of many first industries to be fully and completely disrupted by means of the blockchain. The artist can now go on to the general public in each single means with out the necessity of middlemen.”
- In the meantime, the Indian authorities has but to announce its coverage on cryptocurrency. A invoice that seeks to ban cryptocurrencies, equivalent to bitcoin, was scheduled to be launched throughout the finances session of parliament however was not. There at the moment are stories that the federal government is re-examining the proposals within the invoice and is establishing a panel of specialists to provide you with new suggestions.
Do you suppose all performers ought to settle for cryptocurrency? Tell us within the feedback part under.
Picture Credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This text is for informational functions solely. It isn’t a direct supply or solicitation of a suggestion to purchase or promote, or a advice or endorsement of any merchandise, companies, or corporations. Bitcoin.com doesn’t present funding, tax, authorized, or accounting recommendation. Neither the corporate nor the creator is accountable, instantly or not directly, for any injury or loss precipitated or alleged to be brought on by or in reference to the usage of or reliance on any content material, items or companies talked about on this article.