Welcome to Monday, Asia. Right here’s the most recent information and evaluation from Bloomberg Economics that can assist you begin the week.
- Indicators of a widening embrace throughout the monetary companies trade despatched Bitcoin to new heights, with the cryptocurrency closing in on $50,000 for the primary time
- Japan’s economy might emerge from a dangerous state of emergency this quarter on a less-shaky footing if progress on the finish of final yr was as robust as economists estimate. In the meantime, recovery efforts are underway in northern Japan after an earthquake of magnitude-7.3 struck off Fukushima
- New Zealand’s summer season of unrestricted movement and social interplay has been dropped at an abrupt halt by three new group circumstances of Covid-19
- For the house to the world’s second-largest Covid-19 outbreak, life in India is nearly again to regular. Shopping center parking heaps are full once more. Shops are buzzing, and there are lengthy strains for hair salons and eating places
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson will name for international cooperation on vaccine distribution on the first assembly of Group-of-Seven leaders for the reason that U.Okay. assumed its rotating presidency
- Myanmar’s navy amended an present legislation on privacy and security rights, giving it extra energy to detain individuals for longer and faucet on their communications